Question 80 C on my Zotac Mini GTX 1070 8GB, it is normal ?

skittleguy

Commendable
Jul 28, 2021
I bought a used Zotac Mini GTX 1070 8GB from december 2022 and i changed the thermal paste with MX-4 before mounting the GPU.
After 3-4 months of use, it starts raising the temperature to 76-80 C, i don't know why. Do i need to change it?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
That card should be good up to ~82-83 before it starts to throttle.

If it is coming into summer where you are, you should expect hardware temps to rise in relation to ambient.

Other factors can include dust buildup, poor airflow, incorrect fan/cooler placement inside the case.

I have a 1080 inside an "HTPC" (Silverstone) case. It is inside an entertainment center and doesn't have great airflow due to that aspect. In the winter I have no issue running it at 1080/120, but in the summer have to reduce settings to 1080/60 such that it doesn't throttle and actually get worse performance.

skittleguy

Commendable
Jul 28, 2021
That card should be good up to ~82-83 before it starts to throttle.

If it is coming into summer where you are, you should expect hardware temps to rise in relation to ambient.

Other factors can include dust buildup, poor airflow, incorrect fan/cooler placement inside the case.

I have a 1080 inside an "HTPC" (Silverstone) case. It is inside an entertainment center and doesn't have great airflow due to that aspect. In the winter I have no issue running it at 1080/120, but in the summer have to reduce settings to 1080/60 such that it doesn't throttle and actually get worse performance.
Maybe it is from the airflow? Because the gpu is mounted in a HP Z420 Case