Question 80 FPS On All Low With 2700x 2070 Super On Ultra Low Settings

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
I have a 2700x and a 2070 Super and I'm struggling to get 100 FPS on ultra low settings. I used to get 120+ on all high.

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
What monitor are you using? Specifically resolution and refresh rate. Warzone is decently demanding and playing on low settings doesn't always mean more fps. Your GPU isn't going to be fully utilized if it doesn't need to be. Id suggest downloading msi afterburner and checking what your cpu and gpu usage are while gaming.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
What monitor are you using? Specifically resolution and refresh rate. Warzone is decently demanding and playing on low settings doesn't always mean more fps. Your GPU isn't going to be fully utilized if it doesn't need to be. Id suggest downloading msi afterburner and checking what your cpu and gpu usage are while gaming.
I have 2 monitors and they both are 144hz 1920x1080. I checked temps and GPU is around 65 in game and cpu is around 70-75.

MorganPike

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
You don't have the Epic launcher running in the background do you? It's currently eating almost 10% of my cpu. It's something their currently working on. Pushed an update last night but it didn't fix the issue for everyone.

Adjusting graphic settings has no effect so it makes me wonder if it's cpu related.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
You don't have the Epic launcher running in the background do you? It's currently eating almost 10% of my cpu. It's something their currently working on. Pushed an update last night but it didn't fix the issue for everyone.

Adjusting graphic settings has no effect so it makes me wonder if it's cpu related.
I don't have it running ever in the background.

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
CPU is usually around 60-65 and GPU is 60

Definitely something wrong. Cpu usage is about where it should be, but your gpu usage is extremely low. Gpu usage should never be less than the cpu. This was on low settings I'm assuming? What are the results on high settings?

This usually indicates a cpu bottle neck, but a 2700x should not bottle neck a 2070. Are you using dx11 or dx12?

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Definitely something wrong. Cpu usage is about where it should be, but your gpu usage is extremely low. Gpu usage should never be less than the cpu. This was on low settings I'm assuming? What are the results on high settings?

This usually indicates a cpu bottle neck, but a 2700x should not bottle neck a 2070. Are you using dx11 or dx12?
DX11

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020

its the same on high

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
its the same on high

Do you have any other demanding games you can test on? As I stated previously, you should be getting around 60% cpu usage in modern warefare but your GPU usage should be above 90% at pretty much all times. My first guess would be that your cpu is bottlenecking the card, but given that this wasnt an existing issue I would have to guess that your card is damaged. Have you done any overclocking or modifications to the card that could have damaged it? Do you have a spare GPU that you can swap in and test?

Also, should have asked earlier but can we get a full list of your pc specs?
Motherboard, ram, powersupply

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Do you have any other demanding games you can test on? As I stated previously, you should be getting around 60% cpu usage in modern warefare but your GPU usage should be above 90% at pretty much all times. My first guess would be that your cpu is bottlenecking the card, but given that this wasnt an existing issue I would have to guess that your card is damaged. Have you done any overclocking or modifications to the card that could have damaged it? Do you have a spare GPU that you can swap in and test?

Also, should have asked earlier but can we get a full list of your pc specs?
Motherboard, ram, powersupply
I have a x570 Gaming X, Corsair Vengeance 3600 MHZ (I put it at 3200 bc I'd get crashes) 16GB, Corsair RM850X. I can try rust, Forza Horizon 4, and GTA V.

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I have a x570 Gaming X, Corsair Vengeance 3600 MHZ (I put it at 3200 bc I'd get crashes) 16GB, Corsair RM850X. I can try rust, Forza Horizon 4, and GTA V.

Ok, you have a nice pc and shouldn't be having issues. Try GTA V, I'm not familiar with how demanding rust or forza are. If you're still getting low gpu usage in GTA V then I would have to bet its something wrong with the GPU.

You could also try to stress test the gpu and cpu, and see if there are any crashes to help determine if either are damaged.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Ok, you have a nice pc and shouldn't be having issues. Try GTA V, I'm not familiar with how demanding rust or forza are. If you're still getting low gpu usage in GTA V then I would have to bet its something wrong with the GPU.

You could also try to stress test the gpu and cpu, and see if there are any crashes to help determine if either are damaged.
I'll try GTA V tonight. My steam download speed has been slow lately so I'll let you know how that goes. I'll try a stress test on both.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020

For GPU I did FurMark at 1920x1080 and I got 0 crashes and was at about 65-70 degrees and utilization was at 90-95% and for CPU I used IntelBurnTest and was sitting at 100% utilization and around 70-75 degrees with no crashes