Question 80 FPS On All Low With 2700x 2070 Super On Ultra Low Settings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
I have a 2700x and a 2070 Super and I'm struggling to get 100 FPS on ultra low settings. I used to get 120+ on all high.

InvalidError

Titan
Isn’t user benchmark inaccurate? Many people have told me that it’s not that accurate.
Not REPRESENTATIVE due to the large number of overclocked results and scoring being skewed toward single-threaded performance when most current software can use 2-4 cores is not the same thing as inaccurate.

Still useful to determine which component(s) might be grossly under-performing expectations.

Reactions: drivinfast247

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Looks like your CPU is under-performing by a pretty significant margin for some reason. If temperatures are ok and you haven't changed anything to your hardware since getting 120fps, you could try keeping an eye on per-core boost frequency. Maybe the CPU isn't boosting like it should.
I'll see how that all is next time I get on a game.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Looks like your CPU is under-performing by a pretty significant margin for some reason. If temperatures are ok and you haven't changed anything to your hardware since getting 120fps, you could try keeping an eye on per-core boost frequency. Maybe the CPU isn't boosting like it should.
On idle all cores are at 3.966 and in game its 3.941

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
For GPU I did FurMark at 1920x1080 and I got 0 crashes and was at about 65-70 degrees and utilization was at 90-95% and for CPU I used IntelBurnTest and was sitting at 100% utilization and around 70-75 degrees with no crashes

Ok, well that is a good sign that it is an issue within the game. Maybe try a clean install of your drivers. Also double check your video settings. Look for render resolution and make sure it is set to 100%. I have issues where modern ware will reset my video settings.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Ok, well that is a good sign that it is an issue within the game. Maybe try a clean install of your drivers. Also double check your video settings. Look for render resolution and make sure it is set to 100%. I have issues where modern ware will reset my video settings.
The render resolution is always on 100%