80 gb hard disk shows only 75gb useable

basantupadhyay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hello,

My 80 gb hdd shows 75 gb of spece while partitioning drive & installing XPSP3.

Is it any to wrong with HDD or ????

waiting for your updates

Thanks
Basant

Solution
That's normal. Windows reports a drive as smaller than what it says on the sticker.
If you look in BIOS you'll see the full capacity.

The reason is that HDD manufacturers use 10^3 (1,000) to define 1 kilobyte - Windows use 2^10 (1,024).

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
That's normal. Windows reports a drive as smaller than what it says on the sticker.
If you look in BIOS you'll see the full capacity.

The reason is that HDD manufacturers use 10^3 (1,000) to define 1 kilobyte - Windows use 2^10 (1,024).

Solution

basantupadhyay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks for your prompt reply.

One more problem i have in MSoutlook. I am unable to send mail from MSoutlook & same going through Outlook express.

I have check all setting are same in both (MSoutlook & Outlookexpress ) still ubale to send mails.

Check firewall setting- Disable it
Check Antivirus setting- Disable it
Check ISP setting- Our 25 port in not blocked.
Check domain setting - Thier webservicess working fine.

Still i am face problem while sending mail thru MSoutlook only.Outlook express working fine

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
No problem, happy to help.

Unfortionatly I am not an expert when it comes to MSOutlook. I do use it on a daily basis at work and at home.

Can you receive mail via MSOutlook? What version do you have? Are you on the latest updates? I would really need to see how you have configured your MSOutlook.

I would suggest posting this question in the Software section, under Applications forum. You may get more help that way.