Question 80+ Platinum or 80+ Titanium PSU? For Mini ITX Build

IDProG

Distinguished
EDIT: Changed title to better fit what's asked

I'm planning to upgrade my PC build to be a console-killer build, and I'm looking for the best PSU for the build. The purpose of the build is to play games.

Here will be my PC specs:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wpm8x6

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($151.00)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($71.00)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($69.95 @ Adorama)
Case: Silverstone RVZ03 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($113.00)
Total: $404.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-10 10:37 EDT-0400

*The parts' prices are edited to match my country's prices

For the CPU and GPU, I haven't decided yet, but I have made a prediction on what they will be.
CPU: It will probably be Ryzen 5 4000 Series
GPU: Unclear, but expect the power consumption to be somewhere between RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2080Ti.

I have considered lots of PSU choices, and I have cut the selection list into 2 PSU:

1. Enermax Platimax DF 600W 80+ Platinum
Cost: $106
PROS: Fully Modular (better for Mini ITX builds), Had a Score of 9.3 on JonnyGuru (I know they scored it 8.3, but that's because the cost there was $160-170, which dropped the Value score to 5), Great Value (Outvalues even some similar wattage 80+ Gold PSU like Seasonic Focus Gold and Corsair RMx)
CONS: If compared to the second PSU, performance is inferior, and this PSU has less capacity.
This is JonnyGuru's review of Enermax Platimax DF 600W 80+ Platinum

2. Andyson N700 700W 80+ Titanium
Cost: $122
PROS: It's TITANIUM efficiency, Had a score of a perfect 10 on JonnyGuru (I know they scored it 9.9, but that's because of their weird scoring system that automatically cuts scores on PSU that are not Fully Modular for no reason), Insane Value (Outperfoms most similar wattage 80+ Platinum and 80+ Titanium PSU, Outvalues all of them)
CONS: Semi Modular (comparably worse for Mini ITX builds), If compared to the first PSU, this PSU is more expensive.
This is JonnyGuru's review of Andyson N700 700W 80+ Titanium

Which one do you think is the better PSU?

Last edited:
Im not to sure on the Andyson, theres only 1 PCI-e port and 3 sata/molex and if your looking at a 2070 super up to a 2080 ti you are going to want multiple cables.

I run a EVGA 750W G3 with a 8700K @ 5.1Ghz and my 2080 TI will do 2200Mhz on the core and +1400Mhz on the ram and have no issues power the system. Its also the same price as the Andyson.

IDProG

Distinguished
Im not to sure on the Andyson, theres only 1 PCI-e port and 3 sata/molex and if your looking at a 2070 super up to a 2080 ti you are going to want multiple cables.

I run a EVGA 750W G3 with a 8700K @ 5.1Ghz and my 2080 TI will do 2200Mhz on the core and +1400Mhz on the ram and have no issues power the system. Its also the same price as the Andyson.

There is one mistake:

The PSU is Semi Modular. A 6+2 and 6+2 pin PCI-E power connector cable is pre-wired. This means that even cards like 2080Ti should be able to be powered with one PCI-E cable, since 2080Ti needs 8+8 pin. Then, another 6+2 and 6+2 pin PCI-E power connector cable is provided, if someone wants to SLI using older cards.

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Not really. I don't like the fact that there is no fanless mode, but the noise was lower than 50dB all the time. While the noise exists, you should not face any problem in listening, even in laptop distance, especially if you wear headphones.
and i'm one to hate fanless modes because many fail to do a proper one (you saw this one some superflower units for example, where the fan would start blasting when coming out of the passive mode), so even if my current PSU has one, i keep it spinning since the fan isn't audible at those levels.

and i don't know how often you look at PSU reviews, but this is considered very loud. what you see at 10% load here i generally expect inside the 400-500w window with budget units

IDProG

Distinguished
and i'm one to hate fanless modes because many fail to do a proper one (you saw this one some superflower units for example, where the fan would start blasting when coming out of the passive mode), so even if my current PSU has one, i keep it spinning since the fan isn't audible at those levels.

and i don't know how often you look at PSU reviews, but this is considered very loud. what you see at 10% load here i generally expect inside the 400-500w window with budget units

I look at a lot of PSU reviews, actually. I'm planning to upgrade my build, so while searching for new PSU, I took my time reading reviews.

I'm sorry that you have super sensitive ears. This PSU may be not for you.

To me, as long as it's acceptable, noise is not a dealbreaker.
JonnyGuru's and Tech PowerUp's reviewers weren't having problems with the noise, and I know that I won't, as well, since it's still below 50dB and the PC will be placed beside a TV, which is some meters away from your position.

IDProG

Distinguished