800 dollar gaming PC build, need suggestion!

linziyi

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: After September 2nd (when I got pay for the summer job)

Budget Range: 700~800 After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, homework, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Speaker, KEYBOARD & MOUSE NEEDED

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, need suggestions here, not sure if others are cheaper

Country of Origin: New York, USA

Parts Preferences: i5-2500K for CPU, Nvidia Graphic Card

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes for future upgrade

Monitor Resolution: higher the better

Additional Comments: Thank you very much! Right now I pick the combo from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.692056&cm_sp=DIY_PC_Combos-_-692056-_-Combo still need a optical drive and keyboard, mouse.

Solution
G
Keyboard: Logitech G110 (If you want for Gaming)
Special: Razer Black Widow MECHANICAL Keyboard, So if you do school work and type a lot of essays then the Mechanical razer will be gaming + work,

Optical Drive: JUST GET ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING!!! So... ASUS DVD DRIVE, Find one for $20!!!

and did you get a Wireless card yet? If you do get the ASUS one, (I'm not a die hard asus fan but they make very good things)
G

Keyboard: Logitech G110 (If you want for Gaming)
Special: Razer Black Widow MECHANICAL Keyboard, So if you do school work and type a lot of essays then the Mechanical razer will be gaming + work,

Optical Drive: JUST GET ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING!!! So... ASUS DVD DRIVE, Find one for $20!!!

and did you get a Wireless card yet? If you do get the ASUS one, (I'm not a die hard asus fan but they make very good things)

Solution
G

and since your budget has ~$50 left, I would recccomend upgrading to: 8GB RAM

OR YOU CAN:

Buy a cpu cooler so you can overclock your cpu: Buy a cooler master hyper 212 plus (best one for the money)

OR YOU CAN:

Buy another 500GB Hardrive

linziyi

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

Actually I want to do all of them :p.