$800 Full Gaming Setup Recommendations (Including monitor, KBM, and OS)

SamHam

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Hi.

I've been doing some research on trying to configure the best full gaming setup for under $800 (Not including rebates) for 1080P gaming at 50-60FPS at high to ultra settings for the next 2-3 years.

Here's my build : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bwtXmG

As of now, I think this is the best build configuration I can get for my budget, but I have a few questions:

1. Should I get an i5 or will I be fine for the next few years with an i3-6100?

2. Should I wait to get an GTX 970 or R9 390 (Which are apparently going to reach near $200 when the new GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 comes out)? Will the R9 380 be good enough for the few next years?

If you have any other recommendations for my configuration please put it down below.

Thanks! :D

Solution
Good looking build. I5 is the ticket for current and future gaming. Can you wait a few weeks for the 1070 to show up and the 970 to go on sale? If you can, then do that. It's stronger than the 380. Otherwise, it looks good. I'd add something wise I saw the other day. Make sure you have your OS on a partition that you keep to like 200gb, so when you add a SSD later, you can do a clone job with no issues. Otherwise, have fun.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Good looking build. I5 is the ticket for current and future gaming. Can you wait a few weeks for the 1070 to show up and the 970 to go on sale? If you can, then do that. It's stronger than the 380. Otherwise, it looks good. I'd add something wise I saw the other day. Make sure you have your OS on a partition that you keep to like 200gb, so when you add a SSD later, you can do a clone job with no issues. Otherwise, have fun.

Solution