[SOLVED] 800gb of Missing space?

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
So this is a external hard drive i use for backups, its rated at 2tb but only 1.8 is usable of course (this is the capacity it shows in the file explorer and properties) I use ease us for backups and it keeps giving me errors for drive full and it also shows up as full in file explorer however there are only 1.1 tb of backups in it (as confirmed by winderstat) Where is the extra space?? whats hogging it
13z5mhf.png

Solution
Yea they ran successfully so its a improvement but the drive shows only 90gb free when the only file in it is 1.2 tb. so the format managed to pull another 100gb from nowhere but theres still 500 more missing
Since moving your backup folder back causes this, I'd be suspicious about this folder instead of the drive itself. Also, make sure:
  1. Recycle bin is empty.
  2. There's no errors or damaged block in the drive by running error checking from properties>>tools tab.
  3. The settings in EaseUS are not using extra space for anything.

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
Yea they ran successfully so its a improvement but the drive shows only 90gb free when the only file in it is 1.2 tb. so the format managed to pull another 100gb from nowhere but theres still 500 more missing
Since moving your backup folder back causes this, I'd be suspicious about this folder instead of the drive itself. Also, make sure:
  1. Recycle bin is empty.
  2. There's no errors or damaged block in the drive by running error checking from properties>>tools tab.

Solution

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
  1. Recycle bin is empty.
So I turned on my computer to test this and lo and behold all the space suddenly shows up! I've restarted many times so i don't know why it's poped up this time but im not complaining. Just one of those times the tech gods smile on you i guess