evad

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002

I got good answers about 800Mhz CDMA but does it do 1xRTT for Sprint
roamers?

If so is it just as fast as 1900 1xRTT?

Thanks,

Evad

Evad <evad@dodgeit.com> wrote:

> I got good answers about 800Mhz CDMA but does it do 1xRTT for Sprint
> roamers?
>
> If so is it just as fast as 1900 1xRTT?

Speed isn't dependent on the frequency the carrier uses. If it was, Verizon
might have some problems as all of their networks are 1x-equipped, but not
all are 800 MHz. (Most are, but some - primarily in Texas and Florida - are
1900 MHz, and some have had 1900 MHz coverage overlaid on top of 800 MHz
coverage.)