Question 82579LM packet loss fix?

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
hi, ive bought a DQ67EP with a 82579LM NIC, i didnt know that the NIC had packet loss problems and ever since ive started experiencing them ive tried finding a solution, im wondering if anyone knows a fix or new patches that might work to solve the packet loss problem :)

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
Why do you think the NIC has packet loss problems? Boot a linux live cd/usb and check there. If you have them there, then it could be the nic.
i know that it is the NIC that has packetloss problems because example when i try playing the game Rust on the pc using ethernet i keep tp back and when i check the console it says 30-70% packetloss nearly all the time, i do experience this problem on several other games aswell and on every forum i check people seem to have this packetloss problem, i know that it happens on linux aswell so thats why im asking if somebody has a fix for windows 10 because i prefer windows for gaming so i want it fixed there, if nobody has a fix for it its okay, then i will simply buy a usb to ethernet adapter or a networkcard for the mpcie slot on the motherboard but it would be nice to not having to waste about 30 euro on that