8350 Cooling solutions

Nov 29, 2018
So im looking for a new cooler for my 8350 (with C&C on at 4.0gHz) I currently have a zalman cnps7x V shape thingy.

Its keeping temps above water but i was only testing playing Football manager 2019 my Thermal margin would get as low as 15 at WORSE.
Today i tired Fornite and Rust and noticed the Thermal margin got as low as 4 on Fortnite and continuously dropped playing Rust (I quit before it hit 0 out of fear)

So its fair to say its not really dealing with the full 125W of the 8350 (and that with turbo core off as well)

I have looked around and decided im going to get a DEEPCOOL Gammaxx 400 which has a supposed TDP rating of up to 130.

The reason i chose this over the obvious ones in sure you are going to suggest is that the DEEPCOOL Gammaxx 400 has mounting brackets for the standard AM3 socket and i dont have to take my MoBo out and replace any backplates, something i dont really feel comfortable doing with the amount of medication i am on at the moment although im willing to bite the bullet if you can persuade me.

Also today i ran prime95 and it sunk to 0 Thermal margin pretty damn fast.

The thing is the Zalman "Thing" i currently have installed hasnt got its TDP threshold listed anywhere, the closest i can find is on the website for the PC store i buy from where it states

AM3+
Vishera Supports all speeds
Zambezi

Whereas the DEEPCOOL Gammaxx 400 TELLS me it can support 125W AMD Cpus AND 130 Intel (im sure this just means it has a maximum of 130 TDP threshold)

Apologies for the length, would love to have your learned opinions on what i should do.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
Nov 29, 2018
Down here in New Zealand i cannot find a Be quiet! for the life of me. I guess ill just take the hit its only 40NZD but from what i havent read from scouring the internet its heads and shoulders above the piece of crap i have at the moment. thanks for your reply :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY