[SOLVED] 84°C is oki on rtx 2080 ?

May 19, 2020
So i have the Msi RTX 2080 gaming trio x
While playing COD MW the card reach 84-85 degrees.
I think that's due to the airflow in the case
I have the nzxt h500i
2x 140mm in front as intake with 280mm radiator(which is blocking the intake fans)
1x 120 on top as intake
1x 120 rear as exaust..
Is it worth it to change the case for more fans and airflow or should i ignore it
Thx

Solution
And i still can't answer the question... Should i get a bigger case ?
That is ultimately up to you. I can't directly answer that one.
With what you have now, I'd get a Kraken G12 kit and use the current AIO with it to cool the gpu, and put a big air cooler like the NH-D15S or the Le Grand Macho RT on the cpu.

Replacing the chassis might be the cheaper route, though...
If you like the style of NZXT's chassis, there is an alternative by way of their H700 series, which was their direct answer to the thermal limitations of the H500.

Im thinking of the lian li O-11
It's a nice case, but it comes with NO fans, and that will add to the overall cost.
May 19, 2020
That's bad. That's thermal throttle territory.

It would've been better to use that 280mm AIO on the gpu instead of whatever the cpu was.

Changing the 120mm fans might help, but it'll make the PC run louder.
I have the 2 front 140mm fans mounted on a radiator to cool the i7 9700k @5ghz... Last week it reached 90° C i thinnk that's because the icue software was bugged...
What do you mean with change the 120mm fans?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have the 2 front 140mm fans mounted on a radiator to cool the i7 9700k @5ghz... Last week it reached 90° C i thinnk that's because the icue software was bugged...
Yikes... you sure it wasn't your bios settings though?
A 9700K pulls like 200w in the worst case scenario(Prime95, AVX On), and a 280mm AIO should be good for some 300w of heat, so that should be plenty of headroom...
Then again, the H500 isn't a standard chassis either.
Is the pump maxed out?

What do you mean with change the 120mm fans?
Replace them to even higher airflow fans to get the heat out faster.

The H500 favors negative pressure; stronger exhaust than intake.
It's been shown in more than a few examples that front intake is negligible, or even detrimental to the chassis' airflow... and the gpu gets the worst of it:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340 (Check Cpu and Gpu Torture thermals.)

May 19, 2020
Yikes... you sure it wasn't your bios settings though?
A 9700K pulls like 200w in the worst case scenario(Prime95, AVX On), and a 280mm AIO should be good for some 300w of heat, so that should be plenty of headroom...
Then again, the H500 isn't a standard chassis either.
Is the pump maxed out?

Replace them to even higher airflow fans to get the heat out faster.

The H500 favors negative pressure; stronger exhaust than intake.
It's been shown in more than a few examples that front intake is negligible, or even detrimental to the chassis' airflow... and the gpu gets the worst of it:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340 (Check Cpu and Gpu Torture thermals.)
I know the AIO should be more than enough even when overclocking the cpu.
Im gonna use both the top and rear as exaust to try the nigativ airflow method.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That is ultimately up to you. I can't directly answer that one.
With what you have now, I'd get a Kraken G12 kit and use the current AIO with it to cool the gpu, and put a big air cooler like the NH-D15S or the Le Grand Macho RT on the cpu.

Replacing the chassis might be the cheaper route, though...
If you like the style of NZXT's chassis, there is an alternative by way of their H700 series, which was their direct answer to the thermal limitations of the H500.

It's a nice case, but it comes with NO fans, and that will add to the overall cost.

Solution