840 EVO SSD and samsung magician issues

Spiro580

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
So the thing is like this...i have an Asus Z170 PRO Gaming motherboard,and as stated in the title i have a Samsung 840 EVO SSD...the thing is that in Samsung Magician the informations about the AHCI mode and the Sata interface are unavailable,which is odd since all ports are sata 3.0's and set to AHCI mode...installing Intel's sata drivers tought might help but they apparently didn't ...also the windows used is windows 10 pro

Attached a screenshot also with the magician and device manager open

Untitled.jpg

Solution
See the second answer on this page and check what device manager says: http://superuser.com/questions/757936/check-if-my-ssd-in-runing-on-ahci-mode-inside-windows-7

Since the Anniversary Update of Win 10, Microsoft started checking if drivers were signed correctly before allowing them to run. They announced a year ago that they were going to make this change and most companies complied with the changes, Samsung haven't and as such, anyone installing magician since the update will run into this issue. Now it might just be a display program, it depends on what device manager shows you. The ideal situation is Samsung release a new update with correctly signed drivers and it will work as intended.

Colif

Win 11 Master
See the second answer on this page and check what device manager says: http://superuser.com/questions/757936/check-if-my-ssd-in-runing-on-ahci-mode-inside-windows-7

Since the Anniversary Update of Win 10, Microsoft started checking if drivers were signed correctly before allowing them to run. They announced a year ago that they were going to make this change and most companies complied with the changes, Samsung haven't and as such, anyone installing magician since the update will run into this issue. Now it might just be a display program, it depends on what device manager shows you. The ideal situation is Samsung release a new update with correctly signed drivers and it will work as intended.

Solution

Spiro580

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
@Colif well that's weird since i didn't get any notification saying that samsung magician's signature has problems...strange thing though...also in the manager under service is listed the "iastor.sys" and cross referencing to the thread you just linked iastor.sys = Intel AHCI/RAID driver...in bios all sata ports are on AHCI mode...seems like it's a problem on samsung's side

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows doesn't give any errors if it refuses to let a driver work. It doesn't see it as an error. Its possible it shows something in event viewer but judging by rest of your stats, you running right AHCI mode.

You don't need Magician to run a Evo. I hardly run it on mine. Win 10 + the onboard software on the SSD does a good enough job without it.

TRENDING THREADS