8400 S-ATA Controller

Hi,

Does any know if the 8400 S-ATA controller recognizes ATAPI devices?

Thanks, Bob

There is a single EIDE (parallel ATA) controller onboard, capable of
running two devices. If you order one with two optical (DVD/CD)
drives, you'll not be able to run any more.

Bob Churchill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does any know if the 8400 S-ATA controller recognizes ATAPI devices?
>
> Thanks, Bob

I'm familiar with the single EIDE channel. The dual layer S-ATA DVD drives
will be out soon. Will the 8400 S-ATA controller recognize the S-ATA DVD
drive?

-Bob

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> There is a single EIDE (parallel ATA) controller onboard, capable of
> running two devices. If you order one with two optical (DVD/CD) drives,
> you'll not be able to run any more.
>

> Bob Churchill wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does any know if the 8400 S-ATA controller recognizes ATAPI devices?
>>
>> Thanks, Bob

yes