Question 85-100 fps performance hits a couple hours into gaming? (Every time) XFX 5600 XT RAW II, MSI PRO B450-A MAX, R5 3600, 16GB Patriot Viper 3000 C16

GeekoSuave

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
The best I can figure is the 5600 XT is downclocking but I'm basing that off of next to no information. If it starts happening, there's nothing I can do besides restart the computer. Usually it happens after beingplayed for a while, but sometimes it can be spurred to happen faster by a Steam notification coming up, or Alt-Tabbing then returning (I'm typically playing Rocket League in these cases), upon returning my frames go from consistent 145 (I have it maxed there in the settings in-game) to 50-70. I play on a 144Hz monitor so it's jarring when it happens.

The only thing I've been able to spot that really changes is my frame timing through the Radeon software. It goes from a sub-10ms (usually 7ish) 95th percentile up to the high 20s/30s. Other than that, my resource monitors don't really show any significant change that I've noticed.

I tend to be able to fix issues like these, but I just can't even find what's possibly doing it.
I turned off every option in the Radeon software, I messed with my BIOS last night (I didn't get a chance to check it, I mostly just locked the PCI-E slot into 3.0)

I also bought new RAM but haven't installed it yet (I don't think this is the issue, more or less just happenstance)

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've done a clean reinstall of the drivers as well, and I've done the BIOS update for the GPU itself. This has been happening since I bought the card a couple months ago, guessing around February.

GeekoSuave

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I haven't done a malware scan, I installed Windows only a couple months ago and I don't download anything but games on Steam and Epic. I do almost all of my web browsing on a beater laptop.
I think what I have in there now is the Corsair CX750M
Temps always seem good, I forgot to mention them before. I'm not at home now so I can't check it under load but it's typically less than 80 under load, might hit 81, 82. I have 6 case fans, 3 in, 3 out.

OH, also I have a Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe, and a SATA Samsung 500GB SSD (I can't remember which one.)