$850 Gaming/School PC Build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

oss43456

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello everyone, I am looking to for help on my very first build. I am looking for a build that will allow me to play most games at 1080p and 60fps on at least high settings. I also need one that will allow me to do my school work, as I will begin my computer engineering major in the fall. I will be building this PC sometime in July and would like help on what to put together. I would like for the video card to be 4GB, so please keep that in mind. One more HUGE thing that I need help with is that I will be buying the parts from NewEgg, so it would be amazing if you could get all of the parts from there. I would really appreciate it.

I WILL NOT BE NEEDING AN OS SO DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THE BUILD

need4speeds

Distinguished
My builds were intended to be tiny micro-atx builds that are easy to take with you and take up less space.
The RX480 is ok, but look at the benchmarks. The 980ti is way faster.
Yes they will fix the card with better coolers and more power drawn from the pcie power plug and some will have more pins or even two plugs.
The 980ti, 390x already have the coolers upgraded and most of the bugs worked out, they have been out for a while.

Buy hey cheers, this thread is finished, so the poster will ultimately decide what they build.