[SOLVED] 850 watt psu enough for i9-9900k OC and rtx 3080 OC?

Solution
Did look and power consumtion of the 9900K can go up to 250watts using prime+AVX, de rtx 3080 can go up to 350watts (think not overclocked) so it will a pretty high load if you do stress them together, but when gaming the load will be less especially on the cpu, it can be half of what it uses during that prime test so 125watts.Lets say the rest of the system uses 150watts, kinda gives a picture of what power needs you will have.

hardly anyone will run prime together with something to stress the gpu unless you are a professional who works with rendertools. Maybe 1000watts for such a system, since overclocking, isn't such a bad choice after all.

The 850watt RMx is a good psu so should be able to handle power spikes as mentioned.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did look and power consumtion of the 9900K can go up to 250watts using prime+AVX, de rtx 3080 can go up to 350watts (think not overclocked) so it will a pretty high load if you do stress them together, but when gaming the load will be less especially on the cpu, it can be half of what it uses during that prime test so 125watts.Lets say the rest of the system uses 150watts, kinda gives a picture of what power needs you will have.

hardly anyone will run prime together with something to stress the gpu unless you are a professional who works with rendertools. Maybe 1000watts for such a system, since overclocking, isn't such a bad choice after all.

The 850watt RMx is a good psu so should be able to handle power spikes as mentioned.

Solution

Spaghetti123

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019

Okay, thanks so much dude. I'm not doing any professional work on my pc right now, i just game so i think it will be perfect for me.

Reactions: Vic 40