yokazuma0

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
I had this graphics card in before and ended up putting it away because i got a better one, but now i'm trying to get this one to work again because my new one broke. I uninstalled old video drivers and reinstalled the 8500 gt driver for 64 bit windows 7 from nvidias website. I've rebooted multiple times with my vga or dvi cord plugged into my video card and it keeps booting to my default display. Anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
PCI-e lane is something you change in the BIOS. Is possible but is not the most commom .

Go to control panels -> device manager ->(your card) -> properties and post.

Or use a USB pen drive to do a clean instal of XP or Windows 7. To rule out a hardware problem.

yokazuma0

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
ah. i actually knew that haha. i already tried a fresh install of windows 7...i'm going to hop back to xp because i just realized that my stupid hp comp came with vista drivers and they won't support windows 7. Also, if i got to my card in my control panel it shows nothing. here is my dxdiag though...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Is Mobo With Nforce chipset.
You need to enter BIOS and under "advaced chipset","integrated Features" or equivalent.
find "Init External PCI-E card first", "Disable internal VGA...", "Disable if external card detected" or similar setting.Point is disable internal VGA

Save the BIOS and connect your monitor to the 8500 and cross fingers.That DX diagnostics may implies that your MoBo is bad in the PCI-E area. May have fall victim of your first faulty card or perhaps both cards are OK and the MoBo blew up.

yokazuma0

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009

I went into my bios and took some pics. i tried every option in the video card adapter area and it never booted. my onboard just keeps booting up. i couldn't find what you were talking about. here are some pics of my bios: