[SOLVED] 860 EVO 250GB vs Adata SU650 480GB for the same price ?

Jul 1, 2019
As the title says, what will be the best option provided the price for both are exactly the same? Adata is available in 20 months warranty while 860 EVO comes in 1 year warranty (where I live).

Solution
You get what you pay for.
There is a saying that
"the sweetness of the price is long forgotten but the bitterness of the product lasts forever"
Forget the warranty. If a ssd fails to work properly you have a nasty recovery.

The newegg review shows some 36% are bad 1 egg reviews from verified users.
https://www.newegg.com/adata-ultimate-su650-480gb/p/N82E16820215326?reviews=all

The Samsung is more like 6%
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-evo-series-250gb/p/N82E16820147676?reviews=all

I do not know what to advise.
We all have a budget.
256gb will hold the OS and a handful of games.
You could go that way and add a HDD later for bulk storage.
Apples and oranges. The Samsung will be faster, but it's doubtful you would notice it in every day computing.

Also remember BOTH drives will start to slow down the more you fill them up as the SLC cache decreases. So the Samsung drive will slow down quicker than the ADATA one simply because it has half the storage space.

Reactions: malikk908

popatim

Titan
You guys realize the Adata doesn't have all that great reviews right?
3 stars on Newegg and 3.5 on Amazon. 32% to 42% 1 & 2 star reviews - mostly from premature death (1 week to 1 yr). One user reports he is on his 5th RMA !

@malikk908 - what online shops do you buy from? perhaps we can find something larger then the Samsung but better then the Adata, such as an Mx500, WD Blue, Sandisk Ultra 3d...

Jul 1, 2019
You guys realize the Adata doesn't have all that great reviews right?
3 stars on Newegg and 3.5 on Amazon. 32% to 42% 1 & 2 star reviews - mostly from premature death (1 week to 1 yr). One user reports he is on his 5th RMA !

@malikk908 - what online shops do you buy from? perhaps we can find something larger then the Samsung but better then the Adata, such as an Mx500, WD Blue, Sandisk Ultra 3d...

Thanks for your reply sir.

Actually I'm buying from a local shop here. Other options for nearly the same price are Hikvision C100 series 480GB (for 2.5$ less) and Lexar NS100 480GB (for 0.75$ more).

Also I'll be having 20 months of local warranty with Adata SU650 which means the shop will replace the SSD if anything goes wrong and I won't be spending anything for a replacement.

Now what should I do ?

Jul 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply sir.

Actually I'm buying from a local shop here. Other options for nearly the same price are Hikvision C100 series 480GB (for 2.5$ less) and Lexar NS100 480GB (for 0.75$ more).

Also I'll be having 20 months of local warranty with Adata SU650 which means the shop will replace the SSD if anything goes wrong and I won't be spending anything for a replacement.

Now what should I do ?

Hikvision also comes with 20 months warranty while Lexar comes in 10 months warranty.

Jul 1, 2019
are you set on on only those two hard drive? if your are, i would go with the one that has more capacity since speed are not noticeable and the price are the same.
Yes. Because here I dont have a lot of options and I'm on a tight budget as well. The other 2 options available for 480GB (in my price range) are also mentioned above.

Last edited:
Yes. Because here I dont have a lot of options and I'm on a tight budget as well. The other 2 options available for 480GB (in my price range) are also mentioned above.
I would get the adata. But i would also make sure i have backups of my important stuff and check the smart staus report occassionally

As a rule of thumb ssd are more reliable than hdd. If you look at satisfaction rating of todays hdd its just about always worse than ssd ones.

You get what you pay for.
There is a saying that
"the sweetness of the price is long forgotten but the bitterness of the product lasts forever"
Forget the warranty. If a ssd fails to work properly you have a nasty recovery.

The newegg review shows some 36% are bad 1 egg reviews from verified users.
https://www.newegg.com/adata-ultimate-su650-480gb/p/N82E16820215326?reviews=all

The Samsung is more like 6%
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-evo-series-250gb/p/N82E16820147676?reviews=all

I do not know what to advise.
We all have a budget.
256gb will hold the OS and a handful of games.
You could go that way and add a HDD later for bulk storage.

Solution
https://www.newegg.com/m/product/reviews?item=N82E16820326750&parentCount=4
43% 1 star reviews.

Has ran in my system as a boot drive for a little under a year. Have used it in a few laptops temporarily. It now resides in a nas powered on 24/7.

No problems at all. Decent performance and it comes with a decent warranty.

You could have a great experience or a bad one. Its up to you whether its worth it to risk your data.