[SOLVED] 860 Evo not as fast as it should be

UnstopableAj101

Honorable
Jul 4, 2016
I just got my new 1tb 860 evo and I ran crystaldiskmark and it seems like the drive should have higher read and write then what I'm getting.
I have downloaded Samsung magician and downloaded the firmware for the drive and optimized it. Can someone tell me why this is?
http://prntscr.com/nq3dyn

Solution
You are just about maxed out for the SATA bus. What makes you think you should be getting higher scores than that? Those look exactly right to me based on many hours of testing SATA SSDs including 850 and 860 EVOs.

ONLY the sequential speeds are going to be high and at ~500/~500-ish, plus or minus some change, you are right where that drive should be.
You are just about maxed out for the SATA bus. What makes you think you should be getting higher scores than that? Those look exactly right to me based on many hours of testing SATA SSDs including 850 and 860 EVOs.

ONLY the sequential speeds are going to be high and at ~500/~500-ish, plus or minus some change, you are right where that drive should be.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Your results are pretty much the same as mine.
m039DpK.jpg

There is nothing wrong with your drive, and nothing that needs to be fixed.

Geef

Distinguished
Your drive numbers look normal for a SSD drive, maybe you were expecting the speed that an M.2 version of that drive gives?

This isn't quite the exact same as an M.2 version of your drive but its close.

My 512GB 960 EVO M.2

CRtuCRh.jpg