Question 8700k, 4.9GHz, 100% Load, 100 Degrees Celsius

amingherib

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
When i use Cinebench r20 my 8700k reaches 100 Degrees Celsius do i need a new cooler or put new thermal paste on or lower the clock speed>
I currently have a deepcool Captain 240 EX

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I am assuming you have overclocked?
Have you set fan speed higher to see if this helps reduce temps? The 240 should give good cooling, I hear it can just be loud.

Either you need to reduce your overclock or potentially refit your current cooler with new thermal paste - you'll want to keep CPU temps below 80 degrees really.

amingherib

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Have you set fan speed higher to see if this helps reduce temps? The 240 should give good cooling, I hear it can just be loud.

Either you need to reduce your overclock or potentially refit your current cooler with new thermal paste - you'll want to keep CPU temps below 80 degrees really.
ok ill try this out tomorrow and let you know

amingherib

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
What is the make/model of your case?
What is your cooling fan arrangement?
Do you have a hot graphics card running?
How is your radiator oriented?

Take the case covers off and see if that helps?
Nzxt s340 elite
2 outtakes on top and back 2 intakes at front for rad
And yes i have the rx 590

amingherib

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017

I have reseat and put new thermal paste on and i am currently getting 82 degrees max at the moment