[SOLVED] 8700k 9900k 2700x 1950x Gaming/Streaming PCs

Sep 22, 2018
I would like to know if the 1950x will be able to handle streaming/rendering 1080p,1440p, and 4k when it becomes the standard and cheaper. From what i hear pushing a 8700k or 9900k with a 2080ti on slowest obs encoding is too much for the a 6c/12t but coming close to the limits of the 8c/16t. Im thinking on getting a gaming pc: 8700k 2080ti with a streaming pc: 1950x 4gb or 6gb video card the 1950x is on sale for $450.
ONE PC
1) Can i streaming off of ONE pc build 8700k/9900k/1950x and be fine with without needing a dedicated streaming pc ,which of the 3 or another CPU would you go for a gaming/streaming pc
TWO PCs
1) Save my money for the gaming pc and get the 8700k build or get the 9900k?
2) how beastly is the 1950x and will i be able to keep a 1950x build for streaming, for years while only needing to upgrade a CPU or GPU for the gaming pc?
3) is the 1950x not worth and a 2700x streaming pc should do me fine on 1080p60 maybe 1440p?

Solution
4K streams will not be something that is considered "standard" for very long time.
you will have upgraded your system by the time that ever happens.

As it is now, 720p 60fps is still pretty much the "standard" for streaming with 1080p becoming more and more the standard as time goes on.
Only the outliers stream above 1080p, and only on YouTube since Twitch doesn't support anything higher than 1080p.

But as for rendering for content you upload to YouTube, yes. Thread Ripper is going to be your saving grace and very powerful.
being used as a streaming PC with a capture card, it is also very good.

But let's talk further about stream quality settings now.
Encoding at the slowest or one of the slower settings will result in your stream...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
4K streams will not be something that is considered "standard" for very long time.
you will have upgraded your system by the time that ever happens.

As it is now, 720p 60fps is still pretty much the "standard" for streaming with 1080p becoming more and more the standard as time goes on.
Only the outliers stream above 1080p, and only on YouTube since Twitch doesn't support anything higher than 1080p.

But as for rendering for content you upload to YouTube, yes. Thread Ripper is going to be your saving grace and very powerful.
being used as a streaming PC with a capture card, it is also very good.

But let's talk further about stream quality settings now.
Encoding at the slowest or one of the slower settings will result in your stream being mostly unviewable by the mass majority of your audience since it will result in a higher quality video that takes more internet download speed and processing horsepower to decode in order to view in realtime, and that isn't good for your viewers.

choosing an option like the fast or faster preset would result in a fine looking video that is more easily viewable by more people.

However, encode speed isn't the only thing to think about, bitrate also plays a part in the overall fidelity of your streamed video but will also play a huge part in what it takes download speed wise for your viewer to be able to watch.

Also keeping in mind that if streaming on Twitch, you need to be an affiliate in order to get quality options on your stream so that more people are able to watch by choosing a quality option that best suits their connection speed.

Otherwise, your stream will be locked down to only being viewable by those who have better internet.

If streaming on YouTube however, then this is not a concern. But streaming on YouTube won't get you noticed or watched by as many people as on Twitch and making money from it is even harder.

For a high quality stream of today you should only go as far as 1080p with a bitrate of at most 6000 and the fast preset.
Don't do these settings for Twitch if you aren't an affiliate and instead should stream at 720p 3500 bitrate at most in order to make your stream more accessible.

But again, as for video rendering, much better off overall with Thread Ripper in my opinion.

And now for information regarding your other queries. Streaming and gaming from the same PC at those high of quality settings you are talking about is extremely difficult.

A dedicated stream machine for higher quality streams is necessary.

You don't have to go with Thread Ripper and can go with the 2700x if you want to save money.

And if using a dedicated machine for streaming, then your gaming machine doesn't need to be the most epic of systems and the 8700K is more than enough.

Solution