8700k Aorus Gaming 7 stutter

Feb 3, 2019
Hello,

I recently have been trying to overclock my i7 8700k for better performance. My Motherboard is an AORUS Gaming 7, so I followed the guide linked at the bottom to actually do the overclocking. I started at 5.0Ghz, but felt that it was getting too hot for my comfort, so I've been gradually lowering the CPU speed and Voltage. Recently, I've noticed that despite the FPS counter saying I'm at a solid frame rate, my games feel really stuttery to the point of being near unplayable. The thing is that I noticed it today in Heaven benchmark as well, so it's entirely possible it's not the CPU, but I have no idea. I checked temps using Coretemp, and they haven't gone over 80 at these settings. My current OC settings are:

CPU: 4.5Ghz

Vcore: Tested between 1.28-1.35. Currently at 1.35

Vcore Loadline: Turbo

Uncore Ratio: 43

My full specs are as follows:

Strix 1080ti that has never been overclocked

i7 8700k @ 4.5

HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 2933MHz (I just loaded the first XMP profile for this, so that might help, but idk)

Corsair CX750M PSU

AORUS Gaming 7

I can't remember what my specific cooler model is, but I've ordered a H115i that'll be here on Tuesday. The current one installed is a single fan AIO from Corsair.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to help fix this? Also, as a side question I'm still kind of confused as to what I should set my Uncore ratio to. How should I go about that?

Thanks in advance

https://view.joomag.com/z370-oc-guide/0865178001507187695?page=1

mgallo848

Commendable
1: Set everything back to stock speeds and play some games/run benchmarks and see if the stuttering occurs. If the stuttering goes away then you know it was your overclocked setup.

2: Do you have Vsync enabled in games or in Nvidia control panel? If you do turn it off.

3: Is the refresh rate set properly in your monitor? Is it set properly in Nvidia control panel?

TRENDING THREADS