8700K - ASRock, MSI or ASUS to reach 5.0Ghz?

RicardoGuariento

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Guys, I decided to make an upgrade on my rig and now I'm planning get the 8700k for my new build.

I'm in doubt of which motherboard I should buy. My rig is all based on a black/red color scheme.
I ended in these 4 options:

1 - ASRock Z370 Extreme4
2 - ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6
3 - ASUS Z370-H STRIX ROG
4 - MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon

I'd like to OC the 8700K to 5.0Ghz as I read many comments telling that it's quite easy to reach this frequency

What you guys tell me?

Solution
hi actually I have got the asrock extreme4 with the i7 8700k and would recommend them both and yes oc is obviously possible with them and I have seen people overclock using these parts to 5 ghz before. the mobo has led config so you can change it to red like I did. Should be a breeze to oc. The extreme4 is the best band for buck mobo for z370 in my opinion and supports m.2 ssd, sli gpu config and is very spacious for cooling support. Do note though that the ram is located quite close to the cpu so some coolers may struggle luckily I had the kraken x62 which fit it perfect

judewilliams22

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
hi actually I have got the asrock extreme4 with the i7 8700k and would recommend them both and yes oc is obviously possible with them and I have seen people overclock using these parts to 5 ghz before. the mobo has led config so you can change it to red like I did. Should be a breeze to oc. The extreme4 is the best band for buck mobo for z370 in my opinion and supports m.2 ssd, sli gpu config and is very spacious for cooling support. Do note though that the ram is located quite close to the cpu so some coolers may struggle luckily I had the kraken x62 which fit it perfect

Solution