[SOLVED] 8700K Bottleneck 2080?

Dec 3, 2018
Planning on upgrading for Xmas and was wondering if the 8700K will bottleneck the RTX 2080

I’m new to this and for those wondering I plan on playing shooters (Fortnite, Overwatch, etc) at their competitive settings, while playing other games at high/ultra preferably.

Also with upgrading, I do plan on recording/streaming these games.

Solution
Bottom line the 8700K will not bottleneck the 2080 as it is about as good as it gets for gaming CPU's with just the 9700K/9900K fractions above and even that can be brought closer with overclocking.

It also depends on resolution you are playing at as if 4K then the CPU is not the most important component and Ryzen comes into play, especially if you are streaming, though not a big difference at the 8700K level though you probably will save money but lose a few FPS at the 1080p high refresh rate competitive level where the 8700K is the top...unless you have deep, deep pockets for the 9900K...
Bottom line the 8700K will not bottleneck the 2080 as it is about as good as it gets for gaming CPU's with just the 9700K/9900K fractions above and even that can be brought closer with overclocking.

It also depends on resolution you are playing at as if 4K then the CPU is not the most important component and Ryzen comes into play, especially if you are streaming, though not a big difference at the 8700K level though you probably will save money but lose a few FPS at the 1080p high refresh rate competitive level where the 8700K is the top...unless you have deep, deep pockets for the 9900K...

Solution