8700k encoding problem

Sep 22, 2018
8700K ENCODING PROBLEM?

ive tried to encode with 8700k while streaming overwatch and pubg

and i need your help.

i can easily stream pubg 1080p60fps 900p 60fps and 720p60fps all this on 6k bitrate.

but when i tried 1080p60fps in overwatch the encoded fps would jump around 30-60
when swiched to 900p60fps it would jump around 45-60
when switched to 720p60fps it would be like 55-60

cpu temps are like 65c

usage is also somewhere to 50-60

PC Specs.

Seasonic 650W FOCUS+ 650 Gold, full modular ATX-power

Noctua NH-D14,
LGA775/115x/1366 AM3/A

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16

Intel Coffee Lake i7-8700K, LGA1151, 3.7 GHz, 12MB, Boxed

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL OC -8GB GDDR5

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H

Keep in mind that when you're streaming. Internet connection plays a big role. Judging from your settings, temps and CPU usage, all your parts are fine. Meaning that the problem is mostly coming from your internet upload speed.

You proved this with your test:
but when i tried 1080p60fps in overwatch the encoded fps would jump around 30-60
when swiched to 900p60fps it would jump around 45-60
when switched to 720p60fps it would be like 55-60

If you're internet speed is not very fastor if you get a lot of internet lag spikes, you should drop your bitrate. You might wanna try using 4-5k bitrate for 720p6ofps and 5-6k bitrate for 1080p60fps. Having too high of bitrate at 720p60fps would actually make it bad for your viewers believe it or not.

Keep in mind that the higher the bitrate, the better your viewer's internet connection needs to be. If it's too high, people with standard speed connections will view your stream at 10fps or so.

Also, if you're using OBS or XSplit. Don't set it to 60fps. Set it to 59.4 (I think that was it. It's 59.something)

Sep 22, 2018
I have 50megabit upload speed and as i mentioned i can easily stream pubg full hd 60fps with 6k bitrate the problem is the dropping fps in (OBS) while trying to stream/encode the encoder will not send constant 60fps i have also tried 59.94 fps it still does this thing where it drops my encoding fps.. i have no idea why

Okay. Can you provide more details about your output settings? encoder format, key frame intervals, rate control, cpu usage presets, etc.. etc...

Change key frame intervals to "2" and change CPU usage to something lower like "faster" but honestly most of your settings look correct/good.

It may be due to the game themselves then, try turning off things like motion blur or vertical sync as these often interfere with recordings and streams.

You may want to look on Google if people are experiencing issues with the same games as yours because all the settings look good.

If it works with PUBG but not with Overwatch, than it definitely has something to do with the game settings themselves.

Sep 22, 2018
ive tried limiting threads / limited my webcams resolution to smaller / locking fps ingame / limiting webcams fps / put encoder to highpriority nothing this seems to matter it just keeps dropping fps.

I am quite puzzled. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you from here on now as I don't know where it can come from. The only other logical explanation I can think of is that something is interfering with cooling as your temperatures on Idle seem normal. Check the thermal paste and if heat sink is properly mounted.

Yes it definitely should be more than capable that's for sure. I really am puzzled by your problem here. I think I'm gonna let someone else take it from here.