8700k help with next step in overclock please.

revolultrablue

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
My 8700k is stable with static mhz 4700 and vcore 1.2 - 1.23v. I only want to get a 4.8mhz overclock and was wondering what would be the next logical vcore to test? I'm basically wondering what most of you guys do to scale the overclock when you are testing yourselves. Thank you for your help!

Solution
Have you tried setting it to 4.8 and 1.3v? If it posts at runs stable for an hour of intense and random usage spikes, lower the vcore by 0.02 to 0.04 (or whatever increments you use) and do it again. Just keep lowering it until you get a crash, then set it to the last stable and test that one for a long period, like 24h or so of being left on, going into sleep, high usage, gaming, spikes, etc and if it lasts through all that, then keep it there.

robax91

Distinguished
Have you tried setting it to 4.8 and 1.3v? If it posts at runs stable for an hour of intense and random usage spikes, lower the vcore by 0.02 to 0.04 (or whatever increments you use) and do it again. Just keep lowering it until you get a crash, then set it to the last stable and test that one for a long period, like 24h or so of being left on, going into sleep, high usage, gaming, spikes, etc and if it lasts through all that, then keep it there.

Solution