Question 8700k OC 4.7ghz

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Okay. I updated BIOS Asus and set my multiplyer to x47 everything else is on auto manual vcore 1.27. I did a cinebench and max vcore went up to 1.312v in HWINFO, idles at 1.28v which I find odd considering I set it to 1.27v. How else can I test the stability other than realbench, aida or prime? aida and prime melt my system, realbench always crashes at the 10m mark even at stock settings.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
It's a riing floe 240mm. It sucks but the temps are low to mid 80's celsius. The voltage is manual 1.27v.

In hwinfo it says that it's sitting idle at 1.280v
SHould I change it to 1.28v in bios?

It also throttles down to about 4ghz under full load in cinebench to stay under 95w. I'm fine with that.

Thanks for your reply.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Yup read that, watched all the vids. Can't get it to work manually. CPU gets too hot if it doesn't throttle, but this way works. I just wanted to know if I should increase the vcore to what it says in hwinfo since there's a discrepancy between what I have set and what it says.

addavar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Yup read that, watched all the vids. Can't get it to work manually. CPU gets too hot if it doesn't throttle, but this way works. I just wanted to know if I should increase the vcore to what it says in hwinfo since there's a discrepancy between what I have set and what it says.

It also throttles down to about 4ghz under full load

AVX offset to 0, your cpu wont throttle. you gotta make sure it's stable at that tho :p also, there's also your power setting in windows. google "ultime performance windows" lol. sorry i'm not that technical right now but if you like what i'm spoutin, i can get in more deets later.

addavar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
In hwinfo it says that it's sitting idle at 1.280v
SHould I change it to 1.28v in bios?

It also throttles down to about 4ghz under full load in cinebench to stay under 95w

Load Line Calibration to level 5, that will control the overshoot when the cpu is under load. Windows power settings should be in "ultimate power" or something like that.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Load Line Calibration to level 5, that will control the overshoot when the cpu is under load. Windows power settings should be in "ultimate power" or something like that.

It's a non issue now. 4.7 wasn't stable at that voltage and upping the vcore isn't an option given my AIO. I put everything back to what it was before. LLC5 would undervolt during stress tests. 1.25v + LLC5 was about 1.23v under load which is unstable. Windows is set to performance, full power no throttle.

Last edited by a moderator: