8700k TDP, with CPU cooler TDP?

rockysealyjr

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
After seeing my friend's build with the benchmark, I got jealous. And I think I'm getting an 8700k next 4 paychecks. And say a cpu cooler has a TDP of 250, does that mean it's made to cool cpu's with a lower TDP than 250, or is the TDP how much power the cooler takes up. For example, the 8700k is 95 TDP and up if you overclock. So does that mean it has a heat dissipation of 95 watts or it uses 95 watts?

Solution
Simple answer yes, the TDP relates to how much heat it can disapate and it is directly related to the TDP of the CPU. But for the 8700K especially if you want to overclock, I would get a very good CPU cooler. A AIO or very good Air Cooler.. Any 240 + AIO will do or the better AIr Cooler like Noctua, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, etc.
Simple answer yes, the TDP relates to how much heat it can disapate and it is directly related to the TDP of the CPU. But for the 8700K especially if you want to overclock, I would get a very good CPU cooler. A AIO or very good Air Cooler.. Any 240 + AIO will do or the better AIr Cooler like Noctua, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, etc.

Solution