[SOLVED] 8700K voltages

Solution
yeah thts the case freq is fixed. the board prob.
Are you trying to adjust the multiplier using XTU?

the goal is to go as lowest as i can for that 3ghz+ speed, THE VOLTAGE.
Use the voltage offset slider in small increments and run stress tests, that is what everyone does.
Either in BIOS or with XTU. Either using a fixed voltage (and decrease) or dynamic with an offset from the curve.
direct question is can i go 0.500 volt ? or 0.400 volts?
any prob for the chip?
Short answer yes and no damage going lower, but it will not be stable (probably restart instantly after you apply it).
wht abt intel xtu CPU stress test AVX1, 2 test... are those real temps
This is what I get when running AVX load...
My vCore is dynamically offset to -0.1v and is showing 1.232V
My AVX offset is -3
EpQkSu7.png

Mar 27, 2020
Umm, what exactly is the goal here?
I see that the cpu runs up to 1.45 vcore, but the frequency is fixed at 3.7ghz...

direct question is can i go 0.500 volt ? or 0.400 volt?
any prob for the chip?

direct question is can i go 0.500 volt ? or 0.400 volt?
any prob for the chip?

No dropping to 0.5V will not be stable even with Turbo Boost disabled and running solely at the base clock speed. You can try experimenting with undervolting, but you probably will not get stability below 1.0V.

In any case if you have an NH-D15, you shouldn't need to undervolt to keep temps under control, and the power saving from doing so are minimal. This isn't like a laptop with a subpar cooling solution where undervolting can help a lot with temps.

Reactions: siddharth.behuria
Are you trying to adjust the multiplier using XTU?

Use the voltage offset slider in small increments and run stress tests, that is what everyone does.
Either in BIOS or with XTU. Either using a fixed voltage (and decrease) or dynamic with an offset from the curve.
direct question is can i go 0.500 volt ? or 0.400 volts?
any prob for the chip?
Short answer yes and no damage going lower, but it will not be stable (probably restart instantly after you apply it).

Reactions: siddharth.behuria
Solution
Mar 27, 2020
No dropping to 0.5V will not be stable even with Turbo Boost disabled and running solely at the base clock speed. You can try experimenting with undervolting, but you probably will not get stability below 1.0V.

hehe yeah saw that at 0.650 volt. System froze. Tho 0.800v is fine, im getting 3690+ mhz.
Mental board i guess, or is that normal too!