This is my pc configuration
CPU- i7 8700k
MOTHERBOARD-Asus z370f
RAM-corsair vengeance 3000mhz 2x8gb
GRAPHIC CARD-1050ti
PSU-corsair 650watt
SSD-960evo 250gb
windows 10 64bit

So in bios i have set 4.8 on all cores and vcore at 1.265v and memory to 3000mhz xmp. It is stable running cinebench r15 but all core are hitting only 4.5 even though i have manually set it
to 4.8!....it was all working fine before i updated chipset,bios,intel ME driver to the latest but still no result. Strange thing when i open photoshop all cores are able to reach 4.8 as shown in HWinfo app but while exporting it only reaching 4.5 on all core. Badly want to solve this issue

Last edited:
Solution
It was working fine before, this started after i updated bios and automatically intel ME was updated along. i rolled back to previous bios version and chipset drivers but no use

When you update your BIOS, your BIOS settings tend to get reset to default, so if you changed any settings involving power limit or current limit, you may have to change them back again. The two big ones are the CPU Power Limit and CPU Current Limit, both should be found in the overclocking options in the BIOS.

djay.hrn

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
You may be hitting CPU current limits or CPU power limits. On Asus boards you generally have to increase your current limit and power limit when overclocking as the default values in the BIOS tend to be a bit on the low side and can cause throttling if trying to overclock.
It was working fine before, this started after i updated bios and automatically intel ME was updated along. i rolled back to previous bios version and chipset drivers but no use

djay.hrn

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
Maybe your MB is hitting a power threshold.
An easy way to get some good info is to load up HWiNFO64 (specifically sensors) and scroll down to the 'Performance Limit Reasons'.
There is only YES on maximum for
  1. Electrical Design point/other (ICCmax,PL4,SVid,DDR RAPL)
  2. Package-level RAPL/PBM PL1
  3. Package-level RAPL/PBM PL2,PL3
  4. RING: Max VR voltage, ICCmax,PL4

When you update your BIOS, your BIOS settings tend to get reset to default, so if you changed any settings involving power limit or current limit, you may have to change them back again. The two big ones are the CPU Power Limit and CPU Current Limit, both should be found in the overclocking options in the BIOS.

Solution

djay.hrn

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
OK,will see adjusting those

djay.hrn

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
Well, there you go.
Check in BIOS under 'CPU features' (named differently, depending on MB mfg). Also, do just go changing settings without knowing what they do. Please read up on safe overclocking, voltages, etc. before you take all the safetys off.
Well you were right ,i changed power limits to max and llc at 6 ,its clocking as it set in bios. Before i just use to enable XMP it would literally would take care of power limits so...i really thought its intel ME driver update.Able to clock 4.8ghz at 1.270v at 87c around temps. Planning to delid as temps are very close to 90c. Anyway thank you for the support