8800 GTS poor performance ????

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldh

Illustrious
Well, I truely hope that does it for you. It's a smart move to protect your rig anyway.

Is the system stable? If not, the power supply can definately be the reason for those problems. I was under the impression you have stability (no lockups, random reboots, etc.), but just horrible performance for such a nice rig.

There are alot of reasons for poor performance, but I think most of us hesitate to dig into it until you are properly powering that rig. And if by chance that alone solves performance issues, then great. If not, we will try to help ya get it solved.

oc

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
just to be known i have seen that g80 chips run 3d mark once 8000+ marks and on second run 6000+ so we tried different psu (400w zalman to 580w hiper). it never happened again so i think that this new chips can run on low juice partly stable partly un-stable. To reply on raptox q: Armanox you are from Croatia so you should read one of our local hardware magazines where
raptox won bestbuy prize as one of the most stable psu for lousy money. So i tried it and they didnt lie.

Armanox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
just to be known i have seen that g80 chips run 3d mark once 8000+ marks and on second run 6000+ so we tried different psu (400w zalman to 580w hiper). it never happened again so i think that this new chips can run on low juice partly stable partly un-stable. To reply on raptox q: Armanox you are from Croatia so you should read one of our local hardware magazines where
raptox won bestbuy prize as one of the most stable psu for lousy money. So i tried it and they didnt lie.

Im holding my "bug" right now and reading about psu-s and they have only psu-tests at the price range of 120€ (800-950kn) and one fortron blue something for 70€ and that psu is worst, they dont recommend it to anyone so i thought about the raptor could be the same thing since ive searced the web and found nothing about raptor psu-s.

So here are my 2 options ... i hope they both are great but ill buy the one u guys recommend.

1. Chieftec 550W
2. Raptoxx 550W

Thx again :wink:

oc

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
I believe that test was in vidi not bug. Either one shod be ok but trust me on this raptox is really great and cheaper i use them in my store and no one had
no complains on it, and they look really cool. I never heard about them either until the test,but you know what they say...great ones dont need advertisement. :wink: The only problem is they are hard to find.