8800 GTX is baked and Comes back to life!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kari

Splendid
@okini you have no clue how electronics are manufactured, do you?
Even the ati boards go through a 400f+ reflow, saying they would melt is just plain wrong.... granted the pcb gets a bit soft at the peak temperature but that happens to all of them...

okini

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

wow take it easy i was just messing with you ATI fanboys ;)

The Xbox and PSx boys have been doing this for years and it works for VGA cards. I've lost the threads but I have pointed two posters here to this solution to the same problem and both have replied that it works.
Should you doubt me just google reflow or check out Ebay for reflow ovens, as I did when I did not believe it the first time;)

shorion

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2008
It works! I just did it with my olg 8800 gtx AND gts both now work.

The plastic parts have gone a little cream/yellow color and strangely, the stickers are still white, all but 1 anyhow, that one burnt into a brown crisp. The dvi ports are now yellow/brown and the fan power plastic thino is yellow now. ANYHOW it works! and I've tried it with WIC for 8 hours max settings and no crash. Today I've been playing Left for dead 2 and no problems! 1 week and its still going

BEST FIX EVER! THANKS!