Question 8800 rpm Cpu fan and getting stuck when on high temp?

Jul 3, 2021
Recently, my Asus zenbook UX330U (according to the laptop’s back panel)’s cpu fan has been quite weird. It’s cpu fan started to vibrate a bit after using it for an hour (usually doesn’t happen) then after a couple of seconds it got worse and worse then ultimately gets “stuck” as it tried to spin again.

When it did though I felt no airflow so I immediately shut down the laptop.

Thing is, it doesn’t really seem like the fan is broken. After a night of letting it rest and in next morning I noticed that I can use it for a short while (~30 mins) just fine like usual then it gets stuck again.

If I let it rest for 1-2 hours though it doesn’t last as long (~7 minutes)

I’ve also noticed that the fan speed is around 8600-9000 rpm in bios, is this a normal fan speed? Because the rest I’ve seen is much lower.

I used HWMonitor and it didn’t seem to pick up my fan’s rpm or anything related to my fan.

Does anybody know why this is? If so please inform me about it.

alexbirdie

Respectable
I’ve also noticed that the fan speed is around 8600-9000 rpm in bios, is this a normal fan speed?

I cannot believe that.

Why?

It must be tremendous loud, if it were true.

Many years ago ( old intel-mmx-cpu-time) I had a little cpu-cooler with a fan, that did up to 6000 rpm. It was very,very loud, much too loud. And with nearly 9000 rpm ? I am in doubt.

Try to use hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor. My suspicion ist, either bug in hwmonitor or wrong data from bios.

Jul 3, 2021
I cannot believe that.

Why?

It must be tremendous loud, if it were true.

Many years ago ( old intel-mmx-cpu-time) I had a little cpu-cooler with a fan, that did up to 6000 rpm. It was very,very loud, much too loud. And with nearly 9000 rpm ? I am in doubt.

Try to use hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor. My suspicion ist, either bug in hwmonitor or wrong data from bios.
Oh ok, yes. It is very loud, I’d be just as much in doubt or unless BIOS is being weird