8800GT gives Error code 43

G

Hi everyone.

I am having trouble with my Inno3D 8800GT 512mb graphics card. One day it when I was about to play a game the computer went black. I restarted it a couple minuttes later but now the boot-screen was had some flicker. I went tried to open the game again but it said that the graphics card didn't support Direct3D. So I went into device manager and discovered that the graphics card was listed with an exclamation mark. In preferences it said "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have used Inno3D support without any results.

I've made a format C, Cleared CMOS, BIOS update, and cleaned the slot etc.
Has the card been overheated and is now defective?

Windows 7 RC 64-bit
Intel Q6600 2,4Ghz
Inno3D 8800GT 512mb
2gb PC8500
Asus P5K
550W Delux PSU
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Western Digital Caviar 500GB

I really hope you guys can help me.

Mark

G

Here's a pic of the flicker.
IMG_1099_big_thumb.JPG

I wouldnt say the cards bad, as there were alot of code 43 errors when Vista first arrived. Are you dual booting> If so, try the card on the other OS, or in another machine. Im thinking bios with W7 needs to be tweaked

G

The flicker is only visible when the boot-logo is displayed. The flicker is static.

When the problem started i used Windows XP home edition 32-bit - after alot of re-installs i tried Win7

G

On Windows Xp it said error code 10 "error code 10 Device cannot start"

G

I'll just check that, but on my ASUS motherboard is there no Assign IRQ to VGA option :/

The dots on your display would stay after Windows has loaded if the card had gone bad which was why I asked. Because they go away, then no, the card is most likely not at fault.

If you cannot manually assign a IRQ, try resetting the BIOS to factory defaults.

G

I have now pluged it into another computer.

Here it wouldn't give any output. When i used the onboard graphics card I discovered it had the same error code 10. It didn't change after driver re-installs.

G

Not quite sure what you mean but:

(PCI) 0x0000000B (11) NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

It's the only one with the number 11

G

Well I suppose I have to sent it to RMA.

Thanks for the quick support!

It was alot better than Inno3D's :D

G

Thanks -

Before i had packed the card into its container, I had a lot of trouble :(

First i found my invoice - found the client number and invoice number - entered it on the website where i bought it : Invalid!! What?! After a little research I found out the firm was declared bankrupt - and restarted as a new firm, with same name but with different owners and another CVR number (A danish register of firms).

So i can't get any RMA :fou: