8800GT SLI Failing

kazar123

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Whenever I am playing a game after while the PC locks up the monitor goes blank and the orange light appears but I can still hear sound in the background, then when I restart my computer everything on screen is pixelated and there are little square blocks around the screen (don't know how to explain it better). Anyways if I wait a awhile and start it up again everything seems fine everything not graphics intense works out fine but when I go into a game where my GPU are under strain the crash eventually happens. I increased fan speed from 20% to 50% in rivatuner and I opened my case and put a outside fan pointing at it, this seems to have delayed the crashing but it still eventually happens. My GPUs are running at 50C and 51C idle right now which is pretty cool, I haven't checked what they get up to under strain but I can't imagine it is too high.

kazar123

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

I sprayed the cards with a bit of compressed air but I didn't really thoroughly take them out and clean them.

To rule out that the cards are not suffering from lack of cooling you should take them out and thoroughly clean the heat sink.(just remember to ground your self to the case before working inside the computer)
Make sure that fans on both cards are working and if you still have the problem try running one card at a time. (it would be a major coincidence if they are both failing at the same time)

kazar123

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Well now I am having a complete different problem, with lsdelete not found - skipping autocheck. There seems to be a fix in deleting all lavasoft files, which I did in the registry editor but you also have to delete a lsdelete file in the bootexecute but I can't find it in my registry editor.