Status
Not open for further replies.

biscuitasylum

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Good day...

I'm big on opinions... I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions more than actual research and believe me, I do my fair share of research, research doesnt talk back with enjoyable conversation. lol

Right now Im looking to get somewhat up to date as for my computer build. To give you an idea how far behind... HP a1230z socket 939 AMD Athlon x2 3800+, windows xp media edition. lol

Currently I've decided to go with an AM3 motherboard.

Im looking at ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX AM3 Motherboard

I like the looks of it, as it would fit the looks of the computer well. But as with hot rods and guns, looks arent the main ingrediants.

My question... What other motherboards would compare to the ASUS Crosshair?

Would this board be the elite of the elite using the 890fx line?

Solution

None. That is the best. Just the MSI 890FX GD-80 if you plan on using 4 graphics cards. Why not an Intel Core i5 2500K? Spends $150 maybe on a board and go for a overall better system. Phenom II is old and FX sucks.

biscuitasylum

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

i understand that the top is 990fx... I didnt word my question correctly...

What mother board using the 890FX chipset compares to the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX AM3 mother board in terms of quality and price?

None. That is the best. Just the MSI 890FX GD-80 if you plan on using 4 graphics cards. Why not an Intel Core i5 2500K? Spends $150 maybe on a board and go for a overall better system. Phenom II is old and FX sucks.

Solution

biscuitasylum

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Okay, was making sure I was seeing things correctly because I wasnt really finding anything that was in its range. Nah, not interested in Intel. I have an Intel Based laptop. For desktop fun, I prefer AMDs.

Okay, but if you don't mind me asking, why? Intel is great for desktops too.

biscuitasylum

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Because AMD is great, too. I would like to see them succeed also. Benchmarks, fanboyisms, and price isn't what makes my decisions. I purchase for my own personal amusements, satisfaction and sheer destruction principles. AMD can do anything Intel can do for what I need a desktop for. Intel has to many fanboys which really turn me off to their desktop products. Plus if I break something... its usually my fault and AMD is cheaper to replace. Im a tinkerer... I have been known to take soldering irons to motherboards and do things that would frighten the average electronics tinkerer. I guess it would be best explained... I'm for the little man... I would rather stick it to the man. AMD is my Computer Anarchy for sticking it to the man... Intel. Computers are nothing more than throw away ego boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.