8gb and 1700 OR 16gb and 1600?

Den_2_

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I have a problem. My budget is a bit over 500€ ...so

At first i was thinking of buying ryzen 5 1600, but now it does not ship to my country anymore and its 225€ instead of 212€ while 1700 is 307€. So i am in dilemma.

Should i go with 8gb or ram and 1700 - http://prntscr.com/fv399y
or 16Gb or ram and ryzen 5 1600 (i probably wont buy it from amazon)

--------------------------------------------------------
3 more questions if anybody knows

-Does anyone knows any other german shop that ships for free around the EU

-I have Liquid cpu cooler AM3 and i know it will not fit on AM4...so i am thinking of putting my PC sideways, put on some thermal paste and just put the cooler on??? will that work or is it just a stupid idea

-Does the single or dual rank RAM even matters in gaming? Or do you need a compatible motherboard for them (are they diffrend)

Solution
From a pure gaming perspective there's little to gain by opting for the R7 1700.

While 8Gb is enough for most mortals right now, 16Gb is a better long term option, also, Ryzen really, really wants fast memory to perform at its best with DDR3000 being something of a sweet spot for overall performance/price/

1: No, but others might, so stick around and see what turns up.

2: Do NOT, do that! the cooler MUST be securely held down, just laying the cold plate of an AIO onto the CPU is very likely to cause damage to the CPU.
BUT, try contacting the cooler maker, quite a few are now offering free or low cost fitting kits suitable for an AM4 platform.
The above is pretty much a non issue though, the non 'X' Ryaen parts already come with a...
From a pure gaming perspective there's little to gain by opting for the R7 1700.

While 8Gb is enough for most mortals right now, 16Gb is a better long term option, also, Ryzen really, really wants fast memory to perform at its best with DDR3000 being something of a sweet spot for overall performance/price/

1: No, but others might, so stick around and see what turns up.

2: Do NOT, do that! the cooler MUST be securely held down, just laying the cold plate of an AIO onto the CPU is very likely to cause damage to the CPU.
BUT, try contacting the cooler maker, quite a few are now offering free or low cost fitting kits suitable for an AM4 platform.
The above is pretty much a non issue though, the non 'X' Ryaen parts already come with a decent boxed cooler.

3: It matters a little and all current motherboards will support dual channel memory.

suggestion:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (€211.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€74.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€131.94 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €418.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-13 10:09 CEST+0200

Solution

TRENDING THREADS