[SOLVED] 8gb gb ram in my pc but only shows 5.95

Oct 31, 2020
Hello, i have 8gb ram in my computer but when i open my windows properties it only shows 5.95 is installed in my computer in my bios it shows 8gb ram it doesn't say xyz is usable its just written ram - 5.95 please help. I have hp 4x 2 ddr4 rams and msi a320m pro-vd/s motherboard.

Have a nice day.

Solution
You can't. Not unless you use a discrete gpu instead, which gets recognised by bios and windows and automatically stops setting aside the ram amount for igpu.

For the igpu, that 2Gb is an initial setting, a minimum. If you run a high ram need game, that 5.9Gb free can and will change to less as Windows rethinks how much to save for the igpu. Not hard to have 8Gb of ram and only 2Gb usable when Windows blocks almost 6Gb for the igpu.

And that's if total pc ram usage isn't close to 7Gb (ish) usage, at which point Windows will pagefile a portion of the HDD as virtual ram, and fps goes in the toilet.

Either that or install another 8Gb, then you'll have almost 14Gb free to use.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can't. Not unless you use a discrete gpu instead, which gets recognised by bios and windows and automatically stops setting aside the ram amount for igpu.

For the igpu, that 2Gb is an initial setting, a minimum. If you run a high ram need game, that 5.9Gb free can and will change to less as Windows rethinks how much to save for the igpu. Not hard to have 8Gb of ram and only 2Gb usable when Windows blocks almost 6Gb for the igpu.

And that's if total pc ram usage isn't close to 7Gb (ish) usage, at which point Windows will pagefile a portion of the HDD as virtual ram, and fps goes in the toilet.

Either that or install another 8Gb, then you'll have almost 14Gb free to use.

Solution