[SOLVED] 8GB of ram installed, only 5,86GB usable on Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ALC6 laptop

helpe

Reputable
May 23, 2020
System specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Ryzen 5 5500u with AMD Radeon Vega graphics (Vega 7, has 7 cores)
8GB RAM
512GB SSD Samsung

Laptop came without OS so I installed Win10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 10 Installation Media and activated it with purchased licence key, everything seemed fine, fast boot, fast responsive pc, but when i checked system information it says 5,86GB usable memory, i have tried to fix it going into msconfig>boot>advanced options>uncheck maximum memory, rebooted the pc and nothing has changed.

Any other tips and solutions? Thanks in advance!!

Solution
yes one is soldered, i will try
add another 8gb 3200mhz and you'll get better performance and capacity, my friend have this kind of issue in acer nitro 5 with r7 3750h, and always complain on having low performance, ram capacity and stutering while gaming, also cant change the size of shared memory in bios. adviced to go for another 8gb ddr4 sodimm, and hey everything's better.
System specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Ryzen 5 5500u with AMD Radeon Vega graphics (Vega 7, has 7 cores)
8GB RAM
512GB SSD Samsung

Laptop came without OS so I installed Win10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 10 Installation Media and activated it with purchased licence key, everything seemed fine, fast boot, fast responsive pc, but when i checked system information it says 5,86GB usable memory, i have tried to fix it going into msconfig>boot>advanced options>uncheck maximum memory, rebooted the pc and nothing has changed.

Any other tips and solutions? Thanks in advance!!
the 2gigs might be used for vram, try to check the vram in gpuz

yes one is soldered, i will try
add another 8gb 3200mhz and you'll get better performance and capacity, my friend have this kind of issue in acer nitro 5 with r7 3750h, and always complain on having low performance, ram capacity and stutering while gaming, also cant change the size of shared memory in bios. adviced to go for another 8gb ddr4 sodimm, and hey everything's better.

Solution

helpe

Reputable
May 23, 2020
Thank you on advices, i will try that in future, best regards!!

Reactions: Koekieezz