[SOLVED] 8gb ram(4gb usable)

Jul 26, 2021
so I'm fairly new to ram and stuff, but recently i checked my task manager and saw my memory is using at least 70%(even when starting up), so i downloaded cpu-z and see that my ram isnt using the dual channel mode, but instead one. i checked my two ram sticks and its in 2-4,(i tried1-3 but still the same result), any help?

Solution
so I'm fairly new to ram and stuff, but recently i checked my task manager and saw my memory is using at least 70%(even when starting up), so i downloaded cpu-z and see that my ram isnt using the dual channel mode, but instead one. i checked my two ram sticks and its in 2-4,(i tried1-3 but still the same result), any help?
One stick at a time fitted in the proper slot.
Does the machine boot and run while testing with just one stick?
If so test with the other stick.
Check your motherboard manual for the correct placement of the RAM modules. If you don't have one, search the internet using the manufacturer name, model #, and model name to find one and download it for future reference

Changing the sockets, however, is unlikely to change the amount detected.

FYI, if you are running a 32-bit Operating System, your machine will never see more than 4GB RAM. You'll need to upgrade to a 64-bit version of that OS. Instructions on determining the "bitness" of your OS vary depending on the version. Your machine's "System type:" should be shown on the basic info screen. Finding that screen also varies on the version you have installed.

Jul 26, 2021
Check your motherboard manual for the correct placement of the RAM modules. If you don't have one, search the internet using the manufacturer name, model #, and model name to find one and download it for future reference

Changing the sockets, however, is unlikely to change the amount detected.

FYI, if you are running a 32-bit Operating System, your machine will never see more than 4GB RAM. You'll need to upgrade to a 64-bit version of that OS. Instructions on determining the "bitness" of your OS vary depending on the version. Your machine's "System type:" should be shown on the basic info screen. Finding that screen also varies on the version you have installed.
I am using on a 64 bit operating system, and im assured that i put the ram in the slots that it has been instructed in the manual

One stick at a time fitted in the proper slot.
Does the machine boot and run while testing with just one stick?
If so test with the other stick.

Solution
Jul 26, 2021
my motherboard is ASROCK 980DE3/U3S3 ,
cpu is AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
and my ram kit is from kingston? (idk since i tried my best to google on how to see my ram), thanks for the reply

TRENDING THREADS