8gb ram as 4gb

Timecode

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
So im supposed to have 8GB ram (1x8gb) for my new mobo DDR4 ram and its only showing up as 4gb i moved it to another slot but it has made no difference is it possible they have packaged the wrong stick?

Timecode

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

Opps clicked solution lol

Im guessing i should take the stick out and check the numbers on there right?

Also i looked on the link of the specs sheet on nova tech and weirdly it says Capacity : 4gb (1x8gb) do you know what that even means ?

Timecode

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

I was wrongly advised this mobo could take DDR3 and they supplied me with this 8GB ram DDR4 for free so im grateful but they ddi tell me they were sending me an 8GB stick and it looks like it is on site + packaging but in the pc it seems thats not right

From the motherboard site you linked to, under specifications it says it has 4 x DDR4 DIMM slots. Also says that the board supports up to 64GB of RAM, which would be up to 16GB per slot. As suggested above, you should look at the actual RAM stick to see the part number, or add up the individual chips on the stick.

I would suggest you should buy 2 8GB sticks as a kit (they will be tested together). That should be enough for most common uses, 8GB might be on the low side for some of the newer games.