[SOLVED] 8gb ram but only installed 4gb of it

Oct 12, 2020
my ram stick i put in my laptop is (8gb kit pc3-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3)
and it only installed 4gb of it. halp.

i have a 64 bit laptop
windows 8.1
intel(R) Celeron(R)CPU
N2830 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz

Solution
Yes what the above chap said. You have one slot and you have 1x 8GB stick or is it a 4GB stick? So long your using a x64 OS you should not have any issue like this. Im sure the laptop support up to 16GB of RAM. So if it has one slot its not only working in single channel but that stick has to be a 8GB stick can you confirm please.✝🎗💯👶

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Yes what the above chap said. You have one slot and you have 1x 8GB stick or is it a 4GB stick? So long your using a x64 OS you should not have any issue like this. Im sure the laptop support up to 16GB of RAM. So if it has one slot its not only working in single channel but that stick has to be a 8GB stick can you confirm please.✝🎗💯👶

Solution
Oct 12, 2020
It was a 8gb kit with two identical ram sticks, i thought each ram stick had 8gb in them but boi i was stupid for not understanding properly