[SOLVED] 8k upscaling

Jul 27, 2019
Hello,

We are upgrading our living room tv to a new 8k samsung 900 series from a 4k sony brava.

The tv is attached to a gaming pc and that is the sole connection that we use for everything for watching BluRays, streaming video (netflix, etc.), and a lot of PC games.

Currently I have everything running at 4k on a 1080 ti video card. Which has been good enough for decent 4k.

I know I can't game at 8k so I have a few questions about configuration and upscaling.

Should I leave everything at 4k and if I do will it upscale to 8k?

Otherwise I could set the Windows 10 display resolution to 8k and go through my games to set them to 4k.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: OurSaviourYves
Solution
Hmm, it depends, 8K and 4K are already peak god quality, if you don't mind the 4K in both your gaming and movies/shows, then just leave the all settings to just 4K. However, it does seem like a waste to not use the 8K potential. So I think just change your games to 4K res, while your display can be just 8K. Totally up to you tho, and congrats on the new TV!
Jul 27, 2019
Hmm, it depends, 8K and 4K are already peak god quality, if you don't mind the 4K in both your gaming and movies/shows, then just leave the all settings to just 4K. However, it does seem like a waste to not use the 8K potential. So I think just change your games to 4K res, while your display can be just 8K. Totally up to you tho, and congrats on the new TV!

Reactions: mazamuda
Solution