Question 9 standoffs 8 holes

Oct 27, 2018
I have micro atx motherboard my case layout says i need to put in 9 standoffs but my mobo only has 8 holes (the two that are close togheter one hole is missing) do i still put in that standoff and not screw it in or go with 8 standoffs.

Motherboard is asrock ab350m pro4

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If your board has 8 holes, then you will need to add 8 stand offs in your chassis. Please be wary that the wrong location for a standoff could spell disaster for the board as that could make contact with the soldering points under the board and short the entire system.

You should NEVER have a stand-off mounted in the case under the mobo where there is NO mounting hole in the mobo.Doing that can cause a short circuit from the mobo bottom traces to the case back mounting plate. Most mobos do have 9 mounting holes and it is desirable to have a stand-off under each of those. BUT it is common for micro-ATX boards to have LESS than 9 holes, and then you do NOT use all 9 stand-offs.