Question 9 standoffs 8 holes

Oct 27, 2018
I have micro atx motherboard my case layout says i need to put in 9 standoffs but my mobo only has 8 holes (the two that are close togheter one hole is missing) do i still put in that standoff and not screw it in or go with 8 standoffs.

Motherboard is asrock ab350m pro4

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If your board has 8 holes, then you will need to add 8 stand offs in your chassis. Please be wary that the wrong location for a standoff could spell disaster for the board as that could make contact with the soldering points under the board and short the entire system.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You should NEVER have a stand-off mounted in the case under the mobo where there is NO mounting hole in the mobo.Doing that can cause a short circuit from the mobo bottom traces to the case back mounting plate. Most mobos do have 9 mounting holes and it is desirable to have a stand-off under each of those. BUT it is common for micro-ATX boards to have LESS than 9 holes, and then you do NOT use all 9 stand-offs.