[SOLVED] 900$ PC Upgrade

Oct 14, 2020
Approximate Purchase Date: this month

Budget Range: 900$ After shipping [ might buy it from my store in my country, i took the price difference from newegg dont worry ]

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, screen capturing while gaming, editing [ premiere ]

Are you buying a monitor: Yes - 165hz 2k IPS panel [ Currently got FHD, 240hz IPS Panel ]

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Motherboard, CPU Cooler [ would like water cooler one ], you can add an 1TB SSD you recommend outside of the budget

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 2k 165HZ IPS \ FHD 240HZ IPS [ any difference with the components? ]

Additional Comments: Quiet as possible, although i know it cant be that quiet with water cooler.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Not happy with my pc performance, mostly with my CPU.

This is my rig atm :
CPU :
Amd ryzen 5 3600TRAY
CPU cooler : Coolermaster hyper 212 spectrum cooler
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
RAM : DDR 4 16G [ 8GX2 ] 3600 CL18 Delta RGB Black TEAM
Case : Antec gaming case NX800
PSU : Gigabyte 750W PFC Gold +80 Modular G750H
SSD : Addlink SSD 512GB S70 M.2 2280NVME
HDD : Seagate HDD 1TB 64MB SATA 3 Barracuda
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GV-N208SWF3OC-8GD

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you for the reply
what do you think about this combo ?
Intel Core i7 10700K / 1200 Tray

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler

Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X

Should i get new PSU, or mine will make it work ?
Looks reasonable.
You have an ideal case for air cooling.
But, consider that a top air cooler like noctua NH-D15 will cost half as much giving the extra budget for perhaps a i9-10850K
You will run quieter, more reliably, require no maintenance and will never leak.
A front mount for that aio cooler is going to deliver hot air to the motherboard and graphics card, negating the benefit of those beautiful 200mm intakes.
Approximate Purchase Date: this month

Budget Range: 900$ After shipping [ might buy it from my store in my country, i took the price difference from newegg dont worry ]

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, screen capturing while gaming, editing [ premiere ]

Are you buying a monitor: Yes - 165hz 2k IPS panel [ Currently got FHD, 240hz IPS Panel ]

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Motherboard, CPU Cooler [ would like water cooler one ], you can add an 1TB SSD you recommend outside of the budget

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 2k 165HZ IPS \ FHD 240HZ IPS [ any difference with the components? ]

Additional Comments: Quiet as possible, although i know it cant be that quiet with water cooler.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Not happy with my pc performance, mostly with my CPU.

This is my rig atm :
CPU :
Amd ryzen 5 3600TRAY
CPU cooler : Coolermaster hyper 212 spectrum cooler
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
RAM : DDR 4 16G [ 8GX2 ] 3600 CL18 Delta RGB Black TEAM
Case : Antec gaming case NX800
PSU : Gigabyte 750W PFC Gold +80 Modular G750H
SSD : Addlink SSD 512GB S70 M.2 2280NVME
HDD : Seagate HDD 1TB 64MB SATA 3 Barracuda
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GV-N208SWF3OC-8GD
You can sell your cpu and mobo for around 400$.
Here is what i built for 900$:
https://il.pcpartpicker.com/list/rjRKTC
Its pretty hard to fit a overclockable cpu with a overclocking motherboard+ a decent and silent water cooler,but thats it.
If u can sell that r5 3600+mobo for 400$ you can buy more storage.

Oct 14, 2020
You can sell your cpu and mobo for around 400$.
Here is what i built for 900$:
https://il.pcpartpicker.com/list/rjRKTC
Its pretty hard to fit a overclockable cpu with a overclocking motherboard+ a decent and silent water cooler,but thats it.
If u can sell that r5 3600+mobo for 400$ you can buy more storage.

Thank you for the reply
Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X

Oct 14, 2020
I wouldn't buy anything until 4th gen ryzen comes out, and see if there will be a bios update, for your motherboard. Dropping in a new cpu is a whole lot easier, and less time consuming, than changing the whole platform.

I just want a good intel setup
tired from AMD, and i guess waiting for intel's 11th generation is too much

Thank you for the reply

Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X

Looks reasonable.
But, consider that a top air cooler like noctua NH-D15 will cost half as much giving the extra budget for perhaps a i9-10850K
You will run quieter, more reliably, require no maintenance and will never leak.
A front mount for that aio cooler is going to deliver hot air to the motherboard and graphics card, negating the benefit of those beautiful 200mm intakes.

Solution
Oct 14, 2020
Looks reasonable.

You probably right. But you will def lose the looks of the pc :(