90c/100c in startup and in bios too pc crash or doesnt work

Darkories

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
my pc was healthy yesterday i let my little brother use it he used site called watchseries and then when he finished i put my pc to sleep and i went to sleep myselfas i was sick i couldn't sleep well the pc would light on sometimes and wake me up 1 too many times while I'm sleeping i wouldn't do anything to it as i tired until i noticed a real hard noise from my h110i cooler i got out of my bed to find the degree to 100c i paniced restarted the pc and it kept showing the same degree and the cooler would keep screaming even in bios i manged to open the pc once in the morning today it started in 47c as it started up i opened up the corsair link and checked the cpu and the cpu socket at 100c in a matter of seconds

I'm using asus z170 deluxe , 6700k , h110iv2

i don't know what i should do right now i went into the bios and used optimized default settings which stopped my ram overclocking which was the only overclocking i had .

Solution

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

sounds like your cooler has broken down, probably the pump.

Darkories

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

i bought this pc 4-5 months ago you think i can get a replacement or its done i need to buy a new one ?

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

If its still under warranty then get it replaced, defo, I would, do you have another cooler you can put on the CPU for now, like the stock cooler, I know my local PC hardware store gives away the stock coolers for free to anyone who wants one and who purchases anything from them, always handy to keep around for situations like this, so you may be able to get your hands on one in your area quite easily if you dont have one.

Darkories

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

do you think fan coolers have better longevity , should i try a different liquid cooler or should i go back to fan cooler and which one do you like from fan or liquid coolers ? thank you a lot , life is hard without a pc lul

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Fan coolers are more reliable in the sense that if the fan stops working, you know about it straight away, also have some sort of cooling capacity even if the fan isnt running, due to the large heatsink.

Personally I dont really like all in one liquid coolers, for this very reason, very small heatsink, with a pump on top of it, and as you are seeing, if the pump stops working, as yours appears to have done, it has no cooling capacity due to the very small heatsink and you dont know about it until your CPU is nearly frying.

I custom water cool my PC, and I couldnt live without it, and the beauty of this thing, is I can see the water moving in the reservoir, so I know the pump is working without even thinking about it, I can upgrade it, down grade it, change parts or move different parts around anytime I like, and its completely silent.

Solution

Darkories

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

thank you kindly good sir you help me a lot i think ill go with custom water cooling this time i always thought its a long process to go about but id rather have that then a all in one that dies so fast

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Just make sure you read a little into it, and also make sure you know how to leak test it, when you are fitting pipes etc yourself, there is more chance of a leak, compared to AIO's which are factory sealed, you also have to make sure that you're not mixing metals, nickle and copper are fine together, just dont add anything like aluminium to the loop, maybe a custom watercooling kit would be the best way to go rather than buying everything individually.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-beginners-guide-to-liquid-cooling/