90c CPU heat after playing any game/video for 10 minutes

izzyhat

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I just installed a GTX 660 SC in my computer my CPU is a Intel i-5 2320. As soon as I installed my graphics card i noticed that i was getting worse frame rates and lag on videos it toke a month for me to notice but by CPU temps have been going through the roof and I don't know why.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
I'd try to contact intel or who ever you purchased it from. Generally, there is a 3 year factory warranty. So call them and explain the issue. If it exceeds 60C you should do something about it.

ghostarcher12

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I'd try to contact intel or who ever you purchased it from. Generally, there is a 3 year factory warranty. So call them and explain the issue. If it exceeds 60C you should do something about it.

Solution

izzyhat

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

It's just the CPU that's over heating the GPU is fine but the GPU is the EVGA GTX 660 SC edition... I'm starting to think i may have bumped the heat sink.

izzyhat

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
that's what I was thinking... I've opened up the case in the time since and have found no damage i always shut my PC off at night and hardly ever even used it because of the excessive lag.

If that is the case, try to reinstall the proc cooler (re-apply the thermal paste) or even try to buy a non-stock cooler.
Control if the fan is running, air flow is working fine, etc.
Perhaps you can still save your proc.

[edit] I would try to fix the cooling stuffs first before trying to play games with it again