[SOLVED] 9100f + Asus B365 or ryzen 1600 + ASrock A320M

Feb 13, 2019
I'm on a very tight budget.
As the title mentions , both comes for same price.
I'm thinking of pairing it with RX 570 with single 8GB RAM( later 1 more 8gb stick. Very tight budget now)

If I go with ryzen build then will ASrock A320M HDV handles well. Consider no overclock ,no upgrade in future. It's strictly buy and live with it untill it's dead or EOL.

I have seen videos that i3 9100f is very good in games compare to ryzen 1600 but I also need for video editing and that 6 core and multithread could help abit..

So, all I want to know is that A320M is enough and handles well ? If not then I could go for Intel build..

Solution
In terms of mixing and matching RAM? The issue will remain with both platforms.

At its heart is whether the individual RAM sticks have been tested to work together. So when you see RAM being sold in multiples these are factory tested to work together with no issues (or at least that's the idea), which is effectively a guarantee to work as sold. Mixing and matching RAM doesn't provide you this assurance even if you buy the same model and part number RAM later, because those separate RAM sticks haven't been tested to work together; and could even be from different silicon wafers.
What are you prioritising? I would go with the Ryzen 5 1600 if you're editing simply for the additional cores and threads.

Also when you do get to add RAM, consider a replacement kit rather than just adding another stick. It can save you from potential issues.

Feb 13, 2019
What are you prioritising? I would go with the Ryzen 5 1600 if you're editing simply for the additional cores and threads.

Also when you do get to add RAM, consider a replacement kit rather than just adding another stick. It can save you from potential issues.

Gaming is priority but I also want to edit videos occasionally..

What potential issues ?
Can't we add 1 now and 1later RAM stick.
I heard lot added the same way..

Odd RAM issues, performance on desktop, freezes, etc. Or you could be incredibly lucky and don't have any issues. But if you want to minimise potential issues then replacing RAM in its entirety is recommended rather than just adding more in later.

As for the CPU choice, that remains your decision where your priorities lie. Be aware it is generally thought that 4c/4t CPUs aren't really recommended due to games becoming better coded for multiple thread usage (so if you tend to play old games it'll be fine).

Feb 13, 2019
Odd RAM issues, performance on desktop, freezes, etc. Or you could be incredibly lucky and don't have any issues. But if you want to minimise potential issues then replacing RAM in its entirety is recommended rather than just adding more in later.

As for the CPU choice, that remains your decision where your priorities lie. Be aware it is generally thought that 4c/4t CPUs aren't really recommended due to games becoming better coded for multiple thread usage (so if you tend to play old games it'll be fine).

Intel also have same RAM issue or is it just with the Ryzen

In terms of mixing and matching RAM? The issue will remain with both platforms.

At its heart is whether the individual RAM sticks have been tested to work together. So when you see RAM being sold in multiples these are factory tested to work together with no issues (or at least that's the idea), which is effectively a guarantee to work as sold. Mixing and matching RAM doesn't provide you this assurance even if you buy the same model and part number RAM later, because those separate RAM sticks haven't been tested to work together; and could even be from different silicon wafers.

Solution